Here's an explanation of some of the changes that were made while stitching the "Love Is..." model...
SPEEDY WORK DURING LAY-OUT DOESN'T OFTEN MEAN AN EASY FINISH
Stitching this piece was no exception.
Here's a partial list of changes that were made while stitching "Love Is... "
- Change DMC 3078 to 676
- Add small bows to kite-string (more whimsical)
- Fix... same symbol used for DMC 3350 and 3721
- Change thread used for "A's" to Kreinik 042 (stands out better)
- Change Mill Hill 42011 to Mill Hill 40374 (this was later changed again to MH 00777)
- Change colour of some flowers inside little embroidery hoop to DMC 931 (restitch)
- Lettering on "FURNISHED" needs touch-up
- Change DMC 3837 to 3041 (restitch)
- Pick out straight stitching around Unicorn (too clunky)
- Extend stem on Dandelion Seed-Head
- Change vase from DMC 932 to 931 (restitch)
- Loosen angles of Balloon and Kite strings (restitch)
- Remove beads from Balloon (looks too fussy)
- Change symbol for Kreinik 042 (it's too confusing)
- Change DMC 3032 stitches in Dandelion Seed-Head to 3052 (restitch that area)
- Remove wings from Unicorn (they make him look clumsy)
- Add a Kreinik 042 horn to Unicorn
- Shift beads in "I", for Imagination, over 1 square (better balance)
- Change DMC 3722 to 604 (restitch areas using that colour)
- Landscape on easel needs improvement (restitch)
- Reposition "VOLTAIRE" and little butterfly (better balance)
- Change most butterfly colours (they don't stand out enough)
- Fill Embroidery Hoop background with White cross-stitches
- The heart is too stiff (redraw & restitch it)
- Change flowers in vase from White to DMC 604
- Change colour of heart from DMC 3721 to DMC 99 Variegated (restitch it again)
- Lengthen table legs
- Change colour used to stitch 'A CANVAS', 'FURNISHED', 'NATURE', etc. from DMC 310 to 816 (reinforces use of red in heart and at the beginning of 'Imagination'
- Change DMC 3722 to DMC 604
- etc... etc... etc...